We aim to make our student services seamless. Our academic advisors—who go by the title of “assistant dean” or “program manager”—are fully connected with their colleagues in admissions, personal and professional development, and the alumni office.
What does this mean? We care about every step of your individual process, from your entry into Fordham to your future life as an alumnus or alumna.
What should you expect from your academic advisor?
Your advisor will offer guidance in a number of different formats, including:
- One-on-one appointments
- Group sessions
- Planned events
- Walk-in visits
You can expect to receive:
- Information and guidance on your program, including choosing and completing your concentration, major, and/or designation (if applicable)
- Information and guidance on Fordham resources and opportunities, including library resources, student competitions, study abroad, and faculty research centers
- Identifying courses that enhance skills, interests and career readiness
- Guidance to ensure you stay on track and meet your academic goals
- Advice on University policies and procedures, including maintaining matriculation, taking courses at other Jesuit schools, and academic auditing opportunities
Program of Study Sheet
You will receive a Program of Study sheet during your first advising visit.
It will outline:
- Prerequisite, core, and elective courses for your program
- Number of credits necessary for graduation from your program
It is important that you follow the academic outline listed in your individualized Program of Study sheet, because it may differ from the programs outlined in this Academic Bulletin.
Your Program of Study outline is also available via the online tool DegreeWorks, which you can access on My Fordham. Please note that this tool is not a replacement for interaction with an academic advisor; it is just an additional resource to help you.
Graduate Academic Advisors
To view the list of academic advisors by program, in order to find your advisor, please visit the Fordham website.
If you need general help or advice on scheduling an appointment, contact the Academic Advising Office at 212.636.6104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Dean and Lead Graduate Advisor
To learn more about academic advising, please visit the Fordham website.