Full-Time Cohort MBA
The Full-Time MBA is the Gabelli School of Business’ flagship two-year program in management and leadership. Selectively enrolling only 75 students per year, the Full-Time MBA combines industry-inspired hands-on coursework, individualized attention, and extraordinary network development—all in the heart of New York City.
This is a true New York MBA.
The Gabelli School of Business Full-Time MBA program is led by a faculty director who—in addition to his highly regarded academic research—maintains strong ties to industry and continually adapts the MBA curriculum to meet the demands of today’s employers.
From the month-long Gabelli Launch orientation that begins the two-year sequence to the capstone Convergence Week simulation that draws on every ounce of management knowledge Gabelli MBAs have acquired, the Full-Time MBA curriculum is designed to over-prepare students for the challenges of the business world.
Full-time MBA students will:
- Travel to Buenos Aires, Argentina, to act as consultants to nonprofits and NGOs within their first month of the program
- Complete a curriculum that balances structure with independence, building on foundation courses in economics, statistics, accounting, finance, management, and strategy with individually chosen electives
- Develop and defend their own conclusions about business ethics in a course called Markets, Business, and Society
- In an applied project, work on a consulting team for a real business client or create a business plan and prototype for a new startup
- Visit the offices of high-level executives whose real-world insight enhances the experience of attending business school in New York
To learn more about the Full-Time MBA, visit the Fordham website.
The Full-Time MBA consists of a streamlined 60 credits, completed full-time in two years.
Year 1 provides all core business courses up front, giving you an advantage as you interview for internships. Year 2 gives you the freedom to choose courses based on your interests and career goals.
Year 1: Strategic, Fixed Core Schedule
- Pre-Term: Gabelli Launch (4 week pre-term)
- Fall Term: 6 core courses
- Winter Session: Immersion Week
- Spring Term: 3 core courses, Consulting Project, 1 elective/concentration course
Year 2: Flexible Courses, Chosen for Concentration and Career
- Pre-Term: Internship
- Fall Term: 2 core courses, 3 elective courses
- Winter Session: Convergence Week
- Spring Term: 4 elective courses
Requirements for the Full-Time Cohort MBA are as follows:
|BEGB 6220||ECON ANALYSIS & BUS DECISIONS||3|
|ACGB 6111||Fundamentals of Accounting I||3|
|MGGB 6613||LEADING PEOPLE & ORGANIZATION||3|
|FNGB 6411||INTRO FINANCIAL SYS & METHODS||3|
|BLGB 6321||MARKETS, BUSINESS & SOCIETY||3|
|ISGB 6910||BUSINESS TECH & ANALYTICS||3|
|MKGB 6710||CUSTOMER-DRIVEN MARKETING||3|
|Two of the Following:||6|
|BUSINESS LAW I|
|MANAGERIAL ACCTG ANAL|
|Five Concentration courses||15|
|Three Elective or Secondary Concentration courses||9|
|CPGB 7000||MBA CAPSTONE CONSULTING PROJECT||3|
Students who wish to pursue two primary concentrations must complete 66 credits.
Five-course concentrations and three-course secondary concentrations are the way to customize your degree.
With the exception of Public Accountancy, all primary concentrations can also be pursued as secondary concentrations.
- Blockchain Secondary Concentration
- Corporate Compliance Secondary Concentration
- Electronic Business Secondary Concentration
- Entrepreneurship Secondary Concentration
- Global Sustainability Secondary Concentration
- Healthcare Management Secondary Concentration
- International Business Secondary Concentration
One-on-one meetings with graduate academic advisors will be indispensable as you make decisions about whether to pursue a concentration or secondary concentration, and if so, which. Our advisors offer special expertise in navigating requirements and ensuring that your academic program matches your post-MBA plans.