At least four courses must be literature courses (rather than creative writing courses) that carry an ENGL course number or an ENGL attribute. A maximum of two creative writing courses (courses with the attribute code CVW) may be applied toward the minor.
At least three courses must be literature courses (rather than creative writing courses) that carry an ENGL course number or an ENGL attribute. A maximum of two creative writing courses (courses with the attribute code CVW) may be applied toward the minor.
- Courses in which a student receives a grade of D or F will not count toward the minor.
- Up to one cognate course taken in other departments or programs deemed relevant to the minor may be counted with permission of the associate chair.
- Up to one course taken while studying abroad deemed relevant to the minor may be counted.
- For students who transfer from another school to Fordham, the department will consider counting up to one course taken prior to arrival at Fordham toward the minor.
- Credits earned for internships do not count for credit toward the minor. Internship credits do count for general credits toward graduation. In order to receive academic credit for an internship, you must have completed 60 academic credits, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and register for a tutorial with a faculty member who agrees to serve as your academic adviser. Depending on the amount of academic work involved in the tutorial, your faculty mentor will suggest that you register for a one- or two-credit tutorial. Internships are graded on a Pass/Fail basis.
- Advanced Placement credits in English Literature and in English Language count toward a student’s total number of credits in the college but not within the minor. A score of 4 or 5 in AP English Literature will count toward college elective credits.
- Students may count no more than one course from the following towards the minor: FITV 2511 Screenwriting I, JOUR 3723 Interviews and Profiles, JOUR 3727 Writing for Magazines, JOUR 3783 Theater Journalism.
- Courses taken on a Pass/Fail basis cannot be counted towards English minor requirements.
The minor in English is available at Fordham College at Rose Hill, Fordham College at Lincoln Center, and Fordham School of Professional Studies at Rose Hill, Lincoln Center, and Westchester.