GSAS Accelerated Master's Programs
(Formerly known as GSAS Early Admissions Program)
Outstanding Fordham College at Rose Hill (FCRH), Fordham College at Lincoln Center (FCLC), Fordham School of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS), and Gabelli School of Business (GSB) juniors may be eligible to apply to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Accelerated Master’s Programs. Students who matriculate in an accelerated master’s program follow a plan that allows them to complete both their bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a total of five years (4+1)..
Students are encouraged to review carefully the accelerated master’s programs requirements (see below) for submitting an application, and to ensure that completed applications are submitted via the online application by the published deadline.
Depending on the specific program, undergraduate students admitted to an accelerated master’s program can register for up to three graduate courses during their senior year with the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies or Program Director. These courses and credits will be counted simultaneously toward the completion of the bachelor’s degree and the master’s degree. All graduate course registrations must also be approved in advance by the undergraduate adviser.
The following programs welcome applications from eligible juniors who are interested in applying:
- Master of Arts in Catholic Theology
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in Elections and Campaign Management
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Ethics and Society
- Master of Arts in Global History
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Master of Arts in Public Media
- Master of Arts in Urban Studies
- Master of Science in Applied Psychological Methods
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Data Analytics
- Master of Science in Humanitarian Studies
You should obtain specific information on eligibility from the Director of Graduate Studies or Program Director in the department.
Accelerated Master’s Programs Requirements
- You must have completed at least 90 credits to begin the program.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 to apply to all programs except biological sciences, English, and philosophy (a higher major/cumulative GPA may be required for these programs).
- Submit your application online, and be sure to include all of the following:
- Updated Resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Official Fordham transcript (request this online from Enrollment Services, or through the Student tab in Banner Self-Service on my.fordham.edu). Please request that your transcript be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Statement of intent (if required by your program of interest)
- Writing sample (if required by your program of interest)
Advantages of Accelerated Master’s Programs:
- Gain advanced training that enriches your undergraduate experience, helping you develop in-depth academic knowledge and professional competencies.
- Save up to 30 percent on graduate tuition.
- GSAS will designate up to 3 graduate-level courses (as determined by the program) taken during senior year to count toward both your bachelor's and master's degrees.
- Your GSAS application fee is waived.
- You do not need to take the GRE to be eligible.
To confirm your eligibility prior to applying or if you have additional questions, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies or Program Director in your program of interest, or contact GSAS admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-817-4416.