Student Records

A copy of the University’s policy and guidelines regarding student records under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is available from Enrollment Services. 

Change of Name or Address

Correspondence from the University is sent to the address from the student’s file in Enrollment Services. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the University of any change of address. Likewise, it is the student’s responsibility to notify the University of any change in the student’s name. Notification of the University in the event of either a change of name or address must be done in a timely manner by changing the appropriate information in through the Banner self-service link on the student tab or contacting enrollment services.

Transcript of Record

An official transcript is one bearing the seal of the University and the signature of the University registrar.

Official academic transcripts may be issued to educational institutions, employers, scholarship/grant/fellowship organizations, application services, government agencies, etc., or to students (for personal use) provided the student discloses the intended final recipient. Current students may view their unofficial transcript online by using their credentials on Official transcripts cannot be emailed or faxed to recipients.

Students and alumni who request an official transcript for personal use may not forward it to another party; doing so renders the transcript unofficial. Transcripts should always be issued to the intended final recipient.

The University offers secure electronic transcripts as well as mailed (paper) transcripts. Full details are available from the Office of Academic Records.

Students may request an unofficial transcript listing courses and credits and marked “Unofficial." Students may also view their unofficial transcript via The University accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of an unofficial transcript after it has been issued.

Transcripts may be requested from the Office of Academic Records following their outlined procedures. They should be requested well in advance of the date desired. No transcripts will be issued for students who have unpaid financial obligations to the University. A fee for immediate processing is charged for each transcript, payable at the time of request. The University reserves the right to change the fee at any time without notice.

The Office of Academic Records may use its discretion to limit the number of transcripts requested at any one time.

Fordham University will make every effort to promptly fill all requests for transcripts but will not assume responsibility for delays. All inquiries concerning issuance of transcripts must be made to the Office of Academic Records within three months of the original request.

Fordham University students who attended prior to 1990, or attended Marymount College prior to 2000, will only be able to receive hard copy transcripts.