International Students

Fordham University welcomes international students and currently registers students from about 40 different countries. The Office of International Students serves as a resource center for international students and facilitates their adjustment to life in the United States. A special orientation is held each semester for new international students. Any student unable to participate in orientation must register with the office within two weeks of starting classes. The office assists students in matters concerning immigration, such as visas and I-20 or IAM/P-66 forms, employment, and travel authorizations. The office also provides personal counseling, information on health insurance requirements and banking, and programs to promote cross-cultural and international understanding. Students fluent in English are invited to apply to the degree programs. Those students who are not proficient in the English language will be referred to the Institute of American Language and Culture.

Students are encouraged to complete the High School Certificate, the General Certificate of Education at the Ordinary Level (five passes minimum), the Baccalaureate, Maturita, or the Abitur. All submitted documents must be accompanied by a notarized English translation. Proof of financial responsibility and of thorough competence in the use and comprehension of the English language should be included among these documents. This last requirement is determined by the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language. This test is given by the Educational Testing Service, and complete information concerning the test can be obtained by writing to

Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08451

International students who are at least 21 years of age are asked to submit the above required material to the PCS Admissions Office at the campus of their choice by July 15 for the fall semester and by November 15 for the spring semester, and also to supply the following: admissions application and fee, personal statement, any official college or university records with certified English translation, and two letters of recommendation. Adult international students will be required to take a placement examination on arrival.