Payment of Tuition and Fees
Shortly after registration, students are sent a billing statement. Payment in full for all charges must be made to the University on or before the due date on the first bill of the semester. The due date that appears on each subsequent billing statement refers to newly billed charges only. Failure to make payment by the due date may result in late fees, and/or cancellation of registration and campus housing. The University will also deny access to registration, official transcripts, and diplomas.
Fordham University accepts payment by cash, check, money order, wire transfer, or Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions that directly debit an individual’s bank account.
For credit card payments, please note the following:
- We accept payment by credit card, with a convenience fee, for tuition charges, room and board charges, and technology and general fees. (Exceptions to the convenience fee are noted below.)
- When making a credit card payment, via PayPath, a convenience fee of 2.65% of the transaction amount is assessed, in addition to the amount owed. The amount of the convenience fee will be displayed before you submit payment and will appear as a separate charge on your credit card statement. Make sure to note the total amount of the payment before initiating the transaction.
- Once the charge is assessed, the 2.65% fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, even if we refund your credit card for the amount owed. Fordham receives no part of the convenience fee.
- PayPath accepts Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Note: There are some exceptions to the convenience fee policy. Payment for tuition, fees, and room and board can be made by credit card without incurring a convenience fee for the following populations and charges:
- School of Professional and Continuing Studies and Evening Program students in the Gabelli School of Business
- For Summer Session: all undergraduates, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education students
- Institute of American Language and Culture course fees
- Miscellaneous incidental fees (conferences, workshops, application fees, late fees)
For those students who are eligible to pay by credit card, payment may be made in person or by calling Enrollment Services during regular business hours at 718-817-4900 or by accessing My.Fordham and clicking on “Make a Payment.” Credit card payments sent to the P.O. Box address will be returned to the sender.
The University also offers a Monthly Payment Plan managed by Nelnet.
For the most up-to-date payment methods, please go to the Student Accounts website.
Late Payment and Penalties
The amount due that appears on each bill is payable on or before the due date to be considered on time. The due date that appears on each bill refers to newly billed charges only. All balances must be paid in full, or, if necessary, a formal payment arrangement must be completed by the due date. The Office of Student Financial Services is available to counsel students and families on various financing options.
Balances that remain unpaid by the due date will incur a late fee of $15 or 1.5% per month, whichever is greater. Unpaid tuition and fees or default on payment arrangements may result in cancellation of registration and loss of University housing. Additionally, holds will be placed on future registrations, University housing, official transcripts, and diplomas.