Incomplete Coursework

When course requirements, other than just the final exam, have not been met, the instructor may report a temporary grade of INC (incomplete). This process should be initiated with the student’s class dean or advising dean as early as possible. FCRH, FCLC, and PCS students must fill out an Undergraduate Petition for Grade of Incomplete (available from their advising dean). The grade of INC will not be allowed unless the petition is on file. Gabelli students should contact their class dean to initiate this procedure.

On completion of the course requirements, the INC will, with the approval of the class dean, be removed and replaced by a permanent grade. If the requirements are not completed by the date specified on the academic calendar, the INC will be changed automatically to an F.